Tuesday, September 20

I am Jack's lowered standards.

I had the interview for the telemarketing thing yesterday afternoon. I'm officially employed again. Huge shock. It seemed like an actual job interview. The woman asked me questions about my career goals, work experience, availability, and all that other good stuff. It definitely felt like an actual job interview. It wasn't though. It was a formality. It was all smoke and mirrors. I can't even imagine what the turn-over rate for that place must be. They seriously can't afford to not hire anyone, much less me. The system would crash. You have to feed the beast constantly to keep it from starving to death. It's basic math - and you know how I love the absolute efficiency of mathematics. You have to add more than you subtract, because you can't have a negative number of employees in a real world scenario. Also, if the turn-over rate is as high as I think it is, it's beyond my simple addition and subtraction balancing act. It's multiplication tables and long division. Obviously, they can't afford to not hire anyone - much less me. All I really had to do was show up, go through the motions, and accept the inevitable offer.

Despite all this, I'm still happy about having a job again. Any job is better than no job at all, especially after almost an entire year of unemployment broken up by incredibly short periods of failed training. Seriously, I'd have accepted any job offer at all if it started as immediately as this one will. Training starts on Monday. It'll continue for four exciting weeks. It'll be full time employment - both during training and after. That means full benefits almost immediately after completing the training program.

I'm also a little excited about the on-site fitness facility. I think that will be the best part of this new job. I'm definitely going to take full advantage of that perk for however long I remain employed with this company. I need someway to make up for how very little I'll be getting paid for this wonderful new job of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment